Third Person Camera for DOTS
Welcome to the documentation of DOTS-TPC! If you have arrived here, it means you are not only taking an interest in a third person camera but also have taken the wonderful dive into the world of DOTS. Exciting times are upon us with this new technology and as with my previously highly rated Third Person Camera asset, I'll bring the same quality level to DOTS. After having released the MonoBehaviour Third Person Camera in 2015 I applied and stuck to the following principles:
- easy setup and crystal clear mechanics
- stable and smooth camera movement even in complicated scenarios
- fixing eventual bugs
- supporting everyone who has questions or problems
- keeping up with entities versions
I've kept to these rules since I've released the original TPC and DOTS-TPC is built on this very stable foundation.
Even though the underlying algorithms stayed similar, there have been noticable improvements:
- all jobs are scheduled, bursted and no system have any sync points
- easy, one component authoring
- better controls management with the new input system
- a much more refined follow mode
- even less impact on the main thread
- more features!